Monday, November 8, 2010

Eating Healthy on a Budget

So the word for today is BUDGET! Most of us are looking for ways to cut expenses but if you're like me you DON'T want to sacrifice quality and nutrition.  Well guess what?...you don't have to. Just CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE because I want to share with you some healthy tips from my favorite doc! :-)

While you're there, visit this link http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-oz-1-menu-pt1.  
The Deen brothers have outlined a week's worth of heatlhy dishes all for under $1 per serving! What I love about these recipes is that they're all 500 calories or less and take about 30 minutes to make.  You'll also notice that all the recipes are familiar to most of us but they have been 'made over' so that they fit into a healthy lifestyle!  I will be trying the Turkey Black Bean burger and Zucchini fries recipe. I'll let you all know how it turns out.


Happy Shopping !

Stay Well

~D

4 comments:

  1. Hey Darah! I love this! It's encouraging and uplifting! I tried to go to the link above for the turkey black bean burger recipe but I was redirected to something else. Is there any way you can post it to this site? Let me know! Thanks sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry dear I thought I posted it below the blog title, hehe
    Here it is...
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-1-diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the turkey black bean burgers last night and they were delicious! The salsa topping for the burgers was good too (I just blended it a little in the food processor to give it a smother texture). What a healthy & tasty alternative to mayo! I didn't try the zucchini fries because I wasn't able to get to the market so I did steamed broccoli instead.

    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/turkey-black-bean-burger-zucchini-fries-deen-brothers

    My next recipe to try will be the eggplant bake (prob. this weekend). In the meantime I plan on trying my hand at butternut squash soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butternut squash soup was a succes except a minor volcanic erruption of curried broth all over my kitchen (which was totally my fault) LOL. Very easy to make though. Simple, healthy ingredients and the perfect comfort food! The peeling and cutting of the squash was the longest part. Other than that, EASY, PEASY, ONE- TWO- THREASY MEAL!

    ReplyDelete